[MITgcm-support] EXF and Calendar Package

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Aug 5 02:27:09 EDT 2014

Hi Andres,

dz(k+1)/dz(k) < sqrt(2) is a rule of thumb (that you should follow). The finite volume discretization requires some averaging to grid cell interfaces and currently (and I don’t believe that this will change) this averaging requires that the grid spacing varies smoothly to avoid large discretrization errors. The same is true for the horizontal grid spacing, but in the horizontal very irregular grid appear unnatural, right?

Can you gzip/tar your code and input directories and put them somewhere to download and look at (please don’t send large files to this list)?

For problems like yours, it makes sense to start from a working example and change it file by file to the actual configuration that you want to run, so that you can identify the problems individually.

Martin