[MITgcm-support] A query about EXF

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 10 01:58:32 EDT 2013

what's so special about this hs/hl? what are you trying to study/achieve?

Dimitris Menemenlis

On Oct 9, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Abhisek Chakraborty wrote:

Dear Dimitris Menemenlis,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand that for the default configuration of EXF I need to use ustress, vstress (from 10m winds) and hflux, swflux and sflux.  However, I don't have any fluxes (e.g. shortwave or long wave, precipitaion etc.) other than HS and HL.  In such a scenario, I can compute hflux as the sum of HS and HL. But what I should do for the other fluxes (swflux, sflux etc.). Should I use some climatology or simply zero?

regards,
Abhisek