[MITgcm-support] A query about EXF

Abhisek Chakraborty abhisek.sac at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 01:35:46 EDT 2013

Dear Dimitris Menemenlis,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand that for the default configuration of EXF I need to use
ustress, vstress (from 10m winds) and hflux, swflux and sflux.  However, I
don't have any fluxes (e.g. shortwave or long wave, precipitaion etc.)
other than HS and HL.  In such a scenario, I can compute hflux as the sum
of HS and HL. But what I should do for the other fluxes (swflux, sflux
etc.). Should I use some climatology or simply zero?

regards,
Abhisek