[MITgcm-support] offline package-offlineForcingPeriod question

Ping Zhai pingzhai at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 21 14:56:23 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have a two month long set of velocity fields: for example,
uVeltave.0000691488.data and uVeltave.0000691776.data in zontal
direction .  The original timestep for the offline data is 900 seconds.
Now I want to use the two-month offline data (only two sets of
velocities) to advect the tracers for two months.
But I am still confused about the values of offlineForcingPeriod,
offlineForcingCycle in data.off and externForcingPeriod and
externForcingCycle in data.
Does anyone have a clue on how to set these parameters?
Best,
Ping

Here is part of my data.off:
  &OFFLINE_PARM02