[MITgcm-support] coupler and interpolations

Maura Brunetti Maura.Brunetti at unige.ch
Thu Jul 18 16:59:34 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using the MITgcm for paleoclimate simulations. Until now I have performed ocean/seaice simulations, but now I need to move to coupled ocean/seaice/atmosphere configurations. I would like to change the ocean spatial resolution, while keeping the atmospheric grid to coarse values, so I need to use different grids for ocean and atmosphere components (say cs64 for the ocean and cs32 for the atmosphere). Unfortunately I have seen that the coupler in the MITgcm does not allow to use different grids and thus I've decided to use another coupler (OASIS or muscle2). Has anyone experience with one of these couplers?
Do you know if subroutines to perform interpolations between cubed-sphere grids already exist? (I think that this will be the most difficult part to develop..)
Many thanks!

Maura

--
Dr. Maura Brunetti
Institute for Environmental Sciences (ISE)