[MITgcm-support] format of input files wrong in regional model with open boundary conditions?

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 19 11:20:07 EST 2013

On Dec 19, 2013, at  7:31 AM, Jonny Williams <Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> At the moment I am running my model with the EXF (external forcing) package only but eventually I want to run it with the OBCS (open boundary conditions) package too as is the case for the Arctic regional simulation that my model is based upon.

So what is your northern and southern BC?  I think the default is periodic unless you put some topography at those latitudes to stop the flow, or if you use OBCS.  If periodic, you probably have a huge pressure gradient there that is causing the advection equation to have troubles.

Just a guess,

Cheers,   Jody