[MITgcm-support] problems with making initial temperature and salt file ?

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 19 10:26:51 EST 2013

if I comment the reference temperature and salt  ,use the

 hydrogThetaFile='initemp.bin',

 hydrogSaltFile= 'inisalt.bin',

the model runs some steps ,then appeared     NaN ,NaN

                                             NaN ,NaN

Try reducing time step (deltat) until initial shock is passed.

Nr =1 should correspond to the 36th vertical grid ’ temperature value ?

No. Nr=1 is the surface level.

someone told me that ,when you use three dimensional initial temperature and salt file  ,you must turn on OBCS package , does he said right ?

No. OBCS is used to specify open boundary conditions.