[MITgcm-support] error with "tmin,tmax" exceeds allowed range

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Thu Dec 12 13:49:47 EST 2013

From: lizhiyuan <oceanlizy at 163.com>
To: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
Subject: error with "tmin,tmax" exceeds allowed range

Hi, there;
    I  use mitgcm to simulate the wind driven circulation in a semi-closed domain ,  I compile passed,but when run the model ,after some steps , errors occured :
        SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS : tMin,tMax= -4.697E+04   6.872E+03
            exceeds allowed range (monsolutionmaxrange=1.000E+03)
      ending the run
my SIZE.h file is as below :    sNx=268,
                                             sNy=338,
                                             oLx=3,
                                             oLy=3,
                                             nSx=1,
                                             nSy=1,
                                             nPx=1,
                                             nPy=1,
                                             Nr=36,
my data file :
                           viscAr  =1.E-3,
                           viscAh=4.E5,
                          diffKhT=1000,
                           diffKrT=3.E-5,
                           diffKhS=4.E2,
                           diffKrS=3.E-5,
                          rhoConst=1035.,
                          rhoConstFresh=1000.,
                          f0=1.e-4,
                          no_slip_sides=.FALSE.,
                          no_slip_bottom=.TRUE.,
                          rigidLid=.FALSE.,
                          implicitFreeSurface=.TRUE.,
                          eosType = 'LINEAR',
                         implicitDiffusion=.TRUE.,
                          implicitviscosity=.TRUE.,
                          hFacMin=0.1,
                          readBinaryPrec=32,
  I wonder why it always occur such errors that  the" tmin,tmax"  exceed the allowed range ,  the only two parameters related to  temperature  are "diffKhT ,diffKrT",  I think it is  the two parameters value set in the "data"file that caused such  errors.  should I  change the two values ?  what I should do to avoid such errors ?

many thanks!