[MITgcm-support] Parameters to parallelise a coupled run ?

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Dec 16 12:47:46 EST 2013

Hi Alexandre,

There was a problem in the coupler mapping interface (specially
regarding the run-off mapp that the coupler uses) that has been
found recently and fixed (Nov 27, 2013 and Dec 02, 2013).
I would recommand to update your code (checkpoint64r contains
these fixes).

However, this would have very little or no impact on the
how fast the model will run on 1+48+48 procs.

One (obvious) thing is that the default option in "run_cpl_test"
is to compile with "-devel" (very slow).
Otherwise, you my want to try smaller number of procs (e.g.,
1+12+12 and 1+24+24) to check when this scaling/speed degrades.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel