[MITgcm-support] error with "tmin,tmax" exceeds allowed range

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 12 14:11:34 EST 2013

This happens because the model is going unstable (i.e. the CFL criteria is exceeded).  Reduce your timestep, coarsen your grid, and make sure your hfac is not too small. This will make small dz values near topography that can easily exceed CFL if you have strong vertical velocities in your problem.

Cheers,  Jody