[MITgcm-support] add the time dependent wind by 'zonalWindFile'

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Nov 22 03:44:25 EST 2012

Even though your forcing is not supposed to be period, you need to set this in 'data':
periodicExternalForcing =.true.,
externForcingPeriod = "time interval between forcing field records, i.e. "timesteps" in your matlab code",
externForcingCycle = "time afte which the forcing repeats"

The model then reads a new forcing field record after externForcingPeriod until it reaches the end of externForcingCycle. You just have to make sure that your integration time is less than that.

(With this approach, however, you will have the wind ramp up linearly between step 19 and 20. If you want an discontiuous change you need do a restart with new constant forcing.)

Martin