[MITgcm-support] plume and rbcs package

fancer fancer fancer.lancer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 00:56:54 EDT 2012

Dear Ashley,

First of all, dXspacing (not delXspacing) parameter sets the horizontal
grid spacing in degrees spherical distance, but according to your data file
you use the Cartesian coordinates (PARAM4 block). I can't even find such
variable delXspacing in the MITgcm source code. You can set the OX grid
spaces using the following parameters:
delX = <exact space between the nearest points, for instance, 0.1 0.1 0.1
... or 500*0.1>
delXfile = <filename of the binary with OX grid spaces (see plume on slope
tutorial for details)>

In addition, please carefully look on the data settings, some of them still
have the same values as in the plume on slope tutorial. At least you left
the old value of the temperature and salinity reference (tRef and sRef)
parameters. According to the delZ parameter you have 250 vertical levels,
but the references values are specified only for the 60 levels (as in the
plume on slope example).

Sincerely,
Sergey Semin