[MITgcm-support] exf interp for smooth wind stress curl

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Wed May 18 11:54:48 EDT 2011

Hi Dimitris,

I'm actually not the person who made the figure, and it is possible
that the artifact is from something besides interpolation.   Though
the lines where coincident with the NCEP grid.  Anyway, we solved the
issue by switching to the higher resolution NAM winds, which we feel
are a slightly better product anyway for our California region.

Time permitting I will return to this problem though, and double check
the curl.

Thanks
Matt