[MITgcm-support] 2d pressure solver bdy condition

Aurelien L Ponte aponte at ucsd.edu
Thu May 12 12:22:08 EDT 2011

hi,

I am running a tidal simulation in realistic domain.
The simulation uses a linear implicit free surface pressure method.

u/v are prescribed at the open boundaries but I would like to prescribe
the sea level as well.
The reason is that the sea level is a sensitive function of the flow
at the boundaries and hence difficult to get right.

I do not see any simple way of doing that.

The only solution I can think of would be to modify the boundary
conditions of the 2d pressure solver.
Would anybody know what the current boundary condition are ( deta/t=div u ?)  ?
Could I use instead boundary conditions of the Dirichtlet type (eta=eta_prescribed) along open boundaries ?

Thanks

Aurelien