[MITgcm-support] Spurious internal buoyancy minima in long runs

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Wed May 11 16:51:50 EDT 2011

Hi Mehmet,

I think Jean-Michel solved it (see my response to him). To answer your question, I've used schemes 2, 7, 33, 80, 81. I hadn't tried 77 until today. However, it doesn't appear to be a problem with the advection schemes (of course I still have to test this), but with me missing (in my analysis) rare but extreme convection events.

Christopher