[MITgcm-support] Shapiro filter configuration

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Jun 27 08:06:03 EDT 2011

Hi Yuan,

The nShap[T,UV] parameter correspond to the power "n" in section 2.20
"Shapiro Filter" of the manual. The larger "n" is, the more scale
selective the filter is (the lesser effect it has on larger scale
feature).

regarding corner effects:
- which cube-sphere grid are you using ? There are some CS-32 grid-files
  that behave better than others regarding this issue.
- hard to tell much more without knowing what are the shapiro parameter
  (data.shap) you are using.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel