[MITgcm-support] Passive tracer diagnostics

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Fri Jul 29 09:18:26 EDT 2011

Hi Yuan,

In data.diagnostics, If you set
a positive frequency, you get time averaged output.
a negative frequency will give you snap-shot.

Did you check what is written in the documentation, section 7.1 ?
I have the impression that this is not clearly explained in the manual.

And ane way to estimate transient eddies transport is
 UTRAC - UVELMASS*[TRAC]
with [TRAC] = ( TRAC(i-1)+TRAC(i) )/2

Cheers,
Jean-Michel