[MITgcm-support] Passive tracer diagnostics

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Fri Jul 29 15:41:43 EDT 2011

Hi, Jean-Michel,

Thank for the explanation. I did check the manual but it doesn't say the outputs
are time averaged. Doesn't the time average interval need to be explicitly defined?
In data.diagnostics, each set of diagnostics has its own time average frequency,
such as momentum and heat fluxes. That is, the averageFreq is a 1D array. For
passive tracers, I noticed I could only specify the time average interval for tracers
themself and surface tracer flux (PTRACERS_tavefreq). Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Best,
Yuan