[MITgcm-support] gluemnc and nc file restart

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:55:41 EDT 2011

Hi Xiao,

I would recommend not to use NetCDF pickup-files
but instead plain binary pickup-file (faster IO, safer restart
and with more options, e.g., restarting from global pickup file),
and to to use MNC for other input/output file.
This is how are set-up all the
verification experiments that uses MNC, e.g., in:
verification/tutorial_barotropic_gyre/input/data.mnc
> pickup_write_mnc=.FALSE.,
> pickup_read_mnc=.FALSE.,

Cheers,
Jean-Michel