[MITgcm-support] gluemnc and nc file restart

xiao at cims.nyu.edu xiao at cims.nyu.edu
Tue Jul 19 12:44:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to restart my simulation from a pickup file. I have a couple
of questions regarding MNC output.

1. When I ask for netCDF output (I tried both outputTypesInclusive=.TRUE.
and outputTypesInclusive=.FALSE.). And I restart my simulation from a
pickup file. No matter whether the pickup file is netCDF or .meta&.data
file, it gives me an error messages:

(PID.TID 0001.0001) *** ERROR *** MNC ERROR: variable 'RC' is already
defined in file 'grid.t151.nc' but using a different grid shape

2. When I try to use gluemnc to do:
     gluemnc grid.*.nc
  it gives me:
     no Y-coordinate found
     cannot continue

But for the first quesiton above, I found that if the directory ONLY
including the pickup*.nc file, it can do restart. I think the problems
come from the grid*.nc file but I do not know why and how to deal with it.

Could anyone give me any suggestions?

Thank you,
Xiao Xiao