[MITgcm-support] how to restart simulation with only pickup.ckptA file

Assmann, Karen M. kasm at bas.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 05:01:27 EST 2011

Hi Chun-Yan,

Instead of changing the file names you can also set "pickupSuff" to ckptA
in data. Otherwise you just set niter0 to whatever it says in the meta file,
like Martin said.

Cheers,
Karen

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:32:58 +0100
From: Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de>
To: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
Subject: Re: [MITgcm-support] how to restart simulation with only
	pickup.ckptA	file

This is what I found:
<http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node99.html>

you control the output "frequency" (really period) of permanent pickup files with pchkPtFreq (set to value of 8000*deltaTClock to get one for niter=8000
the "rolling" pickups (ckptA and ckptB) are alway overwritten by the next one. you can check in the meta-file (e.g. pickup.ckptA.meta) what the actual iteration is, let's say 20, then you rename both *.data and *.meta to that iteration (e.g. pickup.0000000020.data, etc.) and use the nIter0 = 20 in data.

Martin

On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Chun-Yan Zhou wrote:

> Hello all,
>  I'm trying to restart my new simulation(end nIter=30000) from nIter=8000. Maybe because there are periodicExternalForcing in the data? there are only "pickup.ckptA" files instead of ?pickup.8000? in the output. I have tried to set nIter0=8000 in the data file, but it didn't work. And there are no such example in the manual, can anyone tell me how to restart my simulation?
>  Any suggestion is much appreciated!
>  chunyan
>

> Chunyan Zhou
> Division of Civil Engineering
> School of Engineering, Physics and Mathematics
> College of Art, Science and Engineering
> Fulton Building
> University of Dundee
> Dundee DD1 4HN

End of MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7
This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only NERC