[MITgcm-support] changing size of sphere in grid tiles

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:29:59 EST 2011

Hi Dave,

You are right about the sphere radius and curvilinear coordinate,
rSphere is not used to scale the grid dx,dy and area.
We talked about adding this feature to the code but it's not
yet done.

In the mean time, you could modify the grid-files by scaling all the
dx,dy by the same factor = rSphere/6.37e+06
and scale the 4 grid-cel area by factor*factor
This is probaly simpler than to regenerate a new set of grid-files.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel