[MITgcm-support] changing size of sphere in grid tiles

Dave Spiegel dsp at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Jan 18 13:04:45 EST 2011

Dear Support,

I have been using the 32x32 grid tiles that come in the
verification/aim.5l_cs/input/ directory.  I think that these files contain
information about the size of the sphere that overrides the line in
set_defaults.F that sets rSphere.

First, am I right in this inference?  (Looking at the output convinced me
that the sphere had the radius of the Earth, even though I had re-set
rSphere to another value in set_defaults.F.)

Second, I would like to generate new grid tiles that are appropriate to
spheres with different radii.  I assume that the link below would be useful
in this endeavor:
[MITgcm] Index of
/MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/matlab-grid-generator<http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/matlab-grid-generator/>

But what should I actually do to generate these new files?  Further, is
there a way to download the entirety of the directory at the above link as a
tarball, instead of having to click on each file separately?

Many thanks,
Dave

--
Dave Spiegel, Ph.D.