[MITgcm-support] how to restart simulation with only pickup.ckptA file

Chun-Yan Zhou c.zhou at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 12:26:58 EST 2011

Dear Martin,
 Thanks for your help. It works well!
 Best regards!
 chunyan

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:32:58 +0100
From: Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de>
To: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
Subject: Re: [MITgcm-support] how to restart simulation with only
pickup.ckptAfile

This is what I found:
<http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node99.html>

you control the output "frequency" (really period) of permanent pickup files with pchkPtFreq (set to value of 8000*deltaTClock to get one for niter=8000
the "rolling" pickups (ckptA and ckptB) are alway overwritten by the next one. you can check in the meta-file (e.g. pickup.ckptA.meta) what the actual iteration is, let's say 20, then you rename both *.data and *.meta to that iteration (e.g. pickup.0000000020.data, etc.) and use the nIter0 = 20 in data.

Martin

On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Chun-Yan Zhou wrote:

> Hello all,
>  I'm trying to restart my new simulation(end nIter=30000) from nIter=8000. Maybe because there are periodicExternalForcing in the data? there are only "pickup.ckptA" files instead of ?pickup.8000? in the output. I have tried to set nIter0=8000 in the data file, but it didn't work. And there are no such example in the manual, can anyone tell me how to restart my simulation?
>  Any suggestion is much appreciated!
>  chunyan
>

> Chunyan Zhou
> Division of Civil Engineering
> School of Engineering, Physics and Mathematics
> College of Art, Science and Engineering
> Fulton Building
> University of Dundee
> Dundee DD1 4HN

End of MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 91, Issue 7

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096