[MITgcm-support] Building error on Macbook Pro

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Aug 18 03:36:37 EDT 2011

Hi Ben,

did you resolve your problem? If not, you seem to have a mismatch of the trailing underscores between your cc and fortran compilers:
>  "_csystemtime_", referenced from:
>       _timer_get_time__ in timers.o
timers.o is generated by fortran and it's subroutines have 2 trailing underscores, while csystime has only one. Check your compilers (and flags). I am using (on a MacBookPro with 2.8GHz IntelCore 2 Duo and OSX 10.6.8)

/usr/local/bin/gfortran -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/local/bin/gfortran
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0/4.6.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0
Configured with: ../gcc-4.6-20101106/configure --enable-languages=c++,fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.0 20101106 (experimental) (GCC)

and

/usr/local/bin/gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/local/bin/gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0/4.6.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0
Configured with: ../gcc-4.6-20101106/configure --enable-languages=c++,fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.0 20101106 (experimental) (GCC)

and I also modified the default build options file, see attached. I downloaded the compilers from hpc.sourceforge.net (although not the recently updated version which should make the NOOPTFILES-line obsolete).

Martin