[MITgcm-support] 'repeatPeriod' in data.exf

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jun 22 02:19:48 EDT 2010

Suneet,

you can split you forcing fields into years. They have to follow this naming convention:
forcingFile_year, where "year" is a 2 or 4-digit year (e.g. myatemp_1996, myatemp_1997, etc).

In data.exf set:
 useExfYearlyFields= .TRUE.,
 twoDigitYear      = .FALSE.,

and
atempfile = myatemp,
etc. If you want to use a Gregorian calendar the data.cal should look like this:
 &CAL_NML
 TheCalendar='gregorian',
# here you insert your start date, of course
 startDate_1=19920101,
 startDate_2=000000,
# this makes the model interpret output "freqs" (e.g. dumpFreq) close to 1 month (say 2592000.) as a "real" month, the same for a year.
 calendarDumps = .TRUE.,
 &

There are a few examples in the MITgcm_contrib area (arctic, high_res_cube)

Martin