[MITgcm-support] oscillating mean flow

Mark Inall Mark.Inall at sams.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 10:16:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with setting up an oscillating mean flow - either in 2D or in a narrow channel - with rotation?

Presently I'm running an oscillating flow over a bump based on the internal wave verification setup, and I want to add a mean flow - is the best way to impose a barotropic pressure gradient across the section and wait for a geostrophic balance??

Any thoughts/help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

Dr Mark Inall
Reader in Marine Physics
Scottish Association for Marine Science
Scottish Marine Institute
Oban PA37 1QA

E: mei at sams.ac.uk
T:+44 (0) 1631 559267
M:+44 (0) 7795 573475
F:+44 (0) 1631 559001

The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is registered in Scotland as a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC009292) and is a registered charity (9206).  There are 2 wholly owned subsidiary companies: SAMS Research Services Ltd a Limited Company (SC224404) and the European Centre for Marine Biotechnology, a Company Limited By Guarantee (SC205318). All Companies in the group are registered in Scotland and share a registered office at Scottish Marine Institute, Oban Argyll PA37 1QA.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of SAMS unless specifically stated.

Please note that all email traffic is monitored for purposes of security and spam filtering. As such individual emails may be examined in more detail.