[MITgcm-support] oscillating mean flow

Klymak Jody jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 10 10:55:06 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

I forget how the verification example works, but I typically just
sponge U at the boundaries and have a mode-1 obcs.  The pressure
gradient sets itself up.  I haven't tried adding a mean on top of an
oscillation, but I can't think of any reason that wouldn't work fine.
The only trick I've had to do is make sure the barotropic lag from one
end of my domain to the other is accounted for or you get a partial
standing wave.

Let me know if you'd like some code.

Cheers,   Jody