[MITgcm-support] maintaining sea ice coverage over multi-year run on cs32

Andrew Keats wakeats at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:44:15 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

My ice was disappearing because I made a bad parameter choice that
destabilized the underlying velocity field and forgot to change it
back.  Anyway, that's fixed now, and am doing some long-time runs
using your seaice parameters that Dimitris pointed me towards.  So far
the ice cover looks good, but I have not diagnosed the overturning
circulations (I am also using the CORE forcing).

One more question:  Is anybody out there attempting to couple
ocn+seaice to atmosphere (aim_v23)?  If nobody has it on their plate
then I was thinking to try this out during the first half of 2011.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew