[MITgcm-support] exf_interp

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 7 14:52:43 EST 2010

Georges, as currently written, exf_interp works with a latitude/longitude coordinate systems only.

What you need to do is to interoplate/extrapolate your forcing field to a regular
latitude/longitude grid and then describe the coordinates of this grid in the
data.exf file.  An example data.exf file for exf_interp is here:
MITgcm/verification/global_with_exf/input/data.exf

Specifically you need to provide:
C     lon_0, lat_0       :: lon and lat of sw corner of global input grid
C     lon_inc            :: scalar x-grid increment
C     lat_inc            :: vector y-grid increments
C  nlon, nlat       :: size in x & y direction of input file to read

Note that lon_inc is a scalar, i.e., zonal increments are constant,
while lat_inc is a vector, i.e., meridional incrments can vary with latitude.

Hope this helps, Dimitris