[MITgcm-support] exf_interp

Georges Djoumna gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 4 16:39:08 EST 2010

Happy new year to all!

Hi Dimitris,

I don't understand quite well your sentence " for ex_interp, you need
to provide input forcing fields on a regular latitude/longitude".
Does exf_interp work only in the latitude- longitude framework? I
have observation at three points in a Cartesian grid (I also have
their latitude/longitude coordinate) I'm using a regular Cartesian
grid in the data file. My understanding is that I have to convert the
Cartesian grid into the latitude/longitude, am I right?

How to set a value for  forcing_lon0 (vstress_lon0)? are there some
rules to follow?

Thanks.

Georges