[MITgcm-support] Problems about OBCS and EXF

limingjie07 at qdio.ac.cn limingjie07 at qdio.ac.cn
Sun Aug 15 05:50:33 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
     I am running an experiment like exp4. The difference is that the OBs are “real-time”. The manual says that this case requires packages CAL and EXF to be enabled, but it doesn’t say how to deal with the file data.exf. Unfortunately, the experiments that use EXF do not use OBCS. So I cannot find how to define OB U or OB V in data.exf.  In addition, the external forcing (i.e. heat flux, wind stress) is supposed to be added. The periods for OB U(V) and external forcing are supposed to be 1 hour and 24 hours (or maybe 6 hours), respectively. Is that feasible? Does the file data.obcs need some modification? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Best,
                      Li Ming-jie