[MITgcm-support] Myrinet, PGI, & mac

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Sat Nov 14 04:54:49 EST 2009

Amato,

I would expect that with a working mpi-installation, you shouldn't
have these problems.
You are using mpif90 for compiling and linking, so that the library
paths to the mpi libs should already be included; the only thing that
you need is the path to the mpi-header files (because the makefile
first produces *.f files with $(CPP) and not $(FC), the INCLUDES is
passed to $(CPP)). I assume it's this: "/common/mpich2-mx-1.1.1p1..5/
src/include" (it should show up somewhere in mpif90). So your settings
look good to me.
You seem to get as far as the link step (because the only error
message you report is "ld: ..."), so that I think it has to do with
the library paths. For more help you'd need to give more details, e.g.
1. the complete build options file
2. output of genmake2 (and genmake_warnings, if available after
running genmake2)
3. full error messages of the make step

BTW: Once you have managed to get the model compiled and running, it
would be nice if you can share the successful build_options file, and
we can add it to the repository.

Martin