[MITgcm-support] Myrinet, PGI, & mac

Amato Evan ate9c at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 13 16:33:02 EST 2009

Good afternoon!

I'm new to HPC, MPI, PGI, MX, MPD, MITgcm... And just about any fancy
acronym
you can think of. Although I've gotten the MITgcm running on a macbook
pro, trying to do this on a cluster is much more involved! I am trying
to compile the verification/exp2 code on:

-An eight node Xserve cluster with Myrinet MPI comms
-mpich2-mx compiled with pgcc/pgf95/pgcpp

I am pretty sure that mpicc etc is working since I can run IMB-MPI1
codes.  But trying to compile the MITgcm is a total disaster! I am
getting "ld: symbol(s) not found" errors on "Make" although I think I
am including paths to my mpi and pgi libs.  Can anyone with a similar
setup post an optfile?

Some of my (sloppy) settings are:

CPP='pgcpp'
FC='mpif90'
CC='mpicc'
LINK='mpif90'
INCLUDES='-I/usr/local/include -I/common/usr/local/include -I/common/
mpich2-mx-1.1.1p1..5/src/include'
INCLUDEFILES='-I/usr/local/include -I/common/usr/local/include -I/
common/mpich2-mx-1.1.1p1..5/src/include'
LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib -L/common/mpich2-mx-1.1.1p1..5/src/binding/f90 -
L/common/usr/local/lib'

Thanks for the help!!!

Sincerely,
Amato