[MITgcm-support] Re: MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 74, Issue 10

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 11 14:27:06 EDT 2009

Hello Marcello,

I have code to prescribe the modal components of the obcs.  This is
not a very big addition to the code and I could have it checked in.
It may not help you, however, because you still have to prescribe the
modes (they are not calculated online), so it would be just as easy to
just prescribe a velocity at each point on the boundary.  What is
wrong with just prescribing a constant velocity -- are doing something
fancy that I am missing  -- are you worried about the contribution
from eta?

-Matt