[MITgcm-support] seaice_salinity

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 1 19:13:01 EDT 2008

Hi Patrick,

Yes you have it correct.  The MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/
cs510_adjoint/ settings work fine without dynamics, and model blows
up when I turn on dynamics.

So I can turn on ATMOSPHERIC_LOADING (any preference on what header
file it goes in, and is there a runtime flag I need to turn on too)
and try without adjustments.  Any other advice?  Are there parameters
I can play with to stabilize the solution?

And by the way, the blow up is gradual, the model runs for about 15
days before crashing....I'll look more into where the instability is
occurring

-Matt