[MITgcm-support] seaice_salinity

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 1 19:33:18 EDT 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Matthew Mazloff wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Yes you have it correct.  The MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/
> cs510_adjoint/ settings work fine without dynamics, and model blows
> up when I turn on dynamics.
>
> So I can turn on ATMOSPHERIC_LOADING (any preference on what header
> file it goes in, and is there a runtime flag I need to turn on too)
> and try without adjustments.  Any other advice?  Are there
> parameters I can play with to stabilize the solution?

Should go into CPP_OPTIONS.h
(but it is already there if you're using the one from high_res_cube/
cs510_adjoint/ ).

You could try increase solver accuracy initially
to make sure you have converged solution:
LSR_ERROR          = 1.e-8,

Other parameters to play with re. dynamics are
SEAICE_strength
SEAICE_waterDrag
SEAICE_drag

but not sure, what stabiling values ought to be.

I would really try a pure NCEP run first, and with high solver accuracy.

-p.

>>> http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm_contrib/