[MITgcm-support] optimization problem with obcs control

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue May 13 16:24:25 EDT 2008

Hi Suneet,

very likely your routines are not seeing the correct
header configuration files, i.e. they don't see, for example,
the statement
#define ALLOW_OBCSN_CONTROL
in optim/Makefile
the correct paths need to be set for variable INCLUDEDIRS
The default right now points to
../verification/natl_box_adjoint/build/
which doesn't have anything to do with your exp.,
and doesn't have open boundary controls.

If you continue to have problems,
maybe generate a "stripped-down" toy version of your setup
that easily fits on one processor.
This is very useful when expanding and testing your full
optimization setup. Once you have this,
it might be easy for us to take a look at the details
(hard to guess otherwise) by looking at this toy setup.

-Patrick