[MITgcm-support] optimization problem with obcs control

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:59:20 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
Can anybody of you please tell me why my optim.x run doesn't read
"nWetobcsnGlo" even though I defined obcs N control? How to resolve
this problem? When I went through optim_readdata.F, I found that when
OBCS N CONTROL is allowed, I have to add OBCS mask information into
the header section for optimization. What does it mean? I guess obcs
mask informations are already defined in ctrl.h via ctrl_pack/unpack
routines. In addition to this I also tried to include OBCS.h in the
relevant *.F files in optim folder, but nothing of these are working.
Everytime I try to run the optim.x , I get the following error
message:
forrtl: severe (67): input statement requires too much data, unit 20,
file /tmp/mitgcm_so_suneet/JHU_ctrl _MIT_CE_000.opt0000
It is pertinent to mention here that optimization/assimilation run
successfully completes when obcs is not defined. Is this a problem
with mitgcm assimilation experiment when obcs controls are defined?
Please help me sort out this problem.
Hoping for reply,
Cheers,
Suneet