[MITgcm-support] Sea ice

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Mar 17 09:54:35 EDT 2008

Hi Peter Jan,

the sea-ice pkg is well tested and runs routinely in many
applications (a good start are the experiments that Patrick named).

The combination of seaice and thsice is not so well tuned (in terms
of results), but it compiles and runs easily (it's tested every day),
see <verification/global_cs.32x15> and in particular the combination
of input.icedyn and input (in that order) for an example.

I don't know if I can recommend the combined use of thsice/seaice,
unless you are willing to do a lot of parameter tuning (and believe
me, there are quite a few parameters, so that you won't get away with
16 ensemble members this time (o: ). If you want to do the tuning,
we'd like to hear about your experience and a good set of parameters
for the combination of both packages.

Martin

Martin Losch // Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany
mailto:Martin.Losch at awi.de // Tel./Fax: ++49(471)4831-1872/1797
http://www.awi.de/People/show?mlosch