[MITgcm-support] Re : Water at the bottom of NA below freezingpoint

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 00:06:03 EDT 2008

> 2) I am trying to avoid any artificial heat source.
> I just learned from Martin that one of these is "useOldFreezing",
> which should be replaced by allowFreezing=.TRUE., which I will adopt from now on.

allowFrezing is also an artificial heat source.  Not very different from
useOldFreezing since most of the cooling is expected to happen at the surface.

Why not just turn on on eof the sea ice packages?  It's pretty easy to do and
does not require any additional coding.

You can use MITgcm/verification/global_ocean.cs32x15 as a template

D.