[MITgcm-support] new to mitgcm

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Sun Mar 9 16:41:36 EDT 2008

aparna,

there are various "optfiles" in
tools/build_options
they all have the approximate naming convention:
${operatinsystem}_${chiptype}_${compilername}
You'll probably find something that's appropriate for your system
(type which f77/g77/g95, etc to find out what you have in your path,
if there's nothing in your path, then you'll have to change
your .login/.cshrc/.profile, or whatever your shell requires). In
these "optfiles" you can specify names and path for all sort of
things. Just have a look at a few, and you'll soon find out, what you
need to do.

Martin