[MITgcm-support] new to mitgcm

aparna venkar aparna.kansas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:34:55 EDT 2008

hi ,

I am new to mitgcm. i am using ubuntu 6.06. i tried to run the code as given
the tutorial. when i tried to  execute the command

aparna at aparna-desktop:~/mitg/MITgcm/verification/exp2/input$
../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code/
I get the following error

Error: No Fortran compilers were found in your path.  Please specify one
using:

    1) an "optfile" on (eg. "-optfile=path/to/OPTFILE"),
    2) a command-line option (eg. "-fc NAME"), or
    3) the FC or MITGCM_FC environment variables.

I downloaded g95_0.9_i386.deb  and installed in all my directories
/*usr/local/sbin,
/usr/local/bin* .  i also tried to install in the /tools/build-options.
Still i get the errors. help please.
how to specify the optfile. give explanations about optfile and how to make
it.

Thanks a lot.

regards,
aparna venkat