[MITgcm-support] how to use mitgcm

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 9 15:00:19 EDT 2008

Balaji,

The MITgcm by default uses a staggered C-grid, though there are some
options for calculating some of the terms (e.g., Coriolis
acceleration) on different grids. I suggest you look at chapter 2 of
the manual (http://mitgcm.org/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node30.html
), particularly 2.11.

However, if you're looking to replicate the results of a paper which
used a specific model, you might be better off using that model rather
than the MITgcm.

Cheers,
Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe              	   858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu