[MITgcm-support] output.txt empty

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jun 9 10:41:06 EDT 2008

Nicolas,

once you use MPI, the stuff that is normally written to the screen
("standart out") and that you redirect into "output.txt" in your
script is now written to a file called "STDOUT.????", where ???? is
the ID number of your CPU (with 2 CPU you'd get STDOUT.0000 and
STDOUT.0001). The error is written into STDERR.????, so you need to
save these files. "output.txt" in your script will not contain
anything except for stuff that mpirun writes to "standard out".

To improve the performance on your SX8, there is sx8 template optfile:
tools/build_options/SUPER-UX_SX-8_sxf90+mpi_awi
that may be a good starting point for the SX-compiler on an SX8. Some
of the paths are specific to "our" machine at the AWI, but in general
you should be able to use this file.

Martin