[MITgcm-support] output.txt empty

Nicolas Grisouard nicolas.grisouard at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Jun 9 04:50:07 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Quite some time ago, I switched from using the MITgcm with a single
processor to using the code with MPI. The machine (NEC-SX8) hasn't
changed. I just realized that since then, my output.txt files are
completely empty, meaning that they are indeed created, put not a single
line is written. Since I'm not the one who actually made the changes so
that we could use the code on multi procs, I don't really know what part
of the process went wrong. I attached an example of script I use to
launch a computation as well as my Makefile (which may have some other
errors as I'm in the process of updating the code and still have some
troubles... the reason why I'd like to have an output.txt file). I don't
know if any of these are relevant, just tell me what else you would need.

Thanks a lot,

--
Nicolas GRISOUARD
PhD Student - ERES division