[MITgcm-support] obcs problem

ouc.edu.cn ouc.edu.cn at 163.com
Sat Dec 20 08:06:14 EST 2008

 Hi Martin,
   I have met the same problem,I mean ,the obcs balance  problem.I'm simulating South China sea,and the structure of the currents seems good.However,the sea level height keeps rising.After 30 years integration,it can rise to 20m! I set exactConserv =.TRUE.,but it doesn't work.I checked pkg/obcs/obcs_calc.F,but there is no algorithm that can keep the obcs balance.
 Of course we can keep the flux balanced before running,but I think maybe after sevel years,the amplitude will also rise,but not as large as before.So could you give me any suggestions?
  Thank you!
                                                 Chuncheng Guo