[MITgcm-support] Sea Ice Experiment

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Thu Nov 15 02:38:29 EST 2007

 Dear Sir,

 I have combined the Global Ocean Experiment and

 the Labsea Experiment and run it for the Antarctic

 region (-178E to 178E Lon & 70S to 40S Lat)

 with a horizontal resolution of 1x1, and 15

 depth levels. The model run has completed 900 days

 and is still running.

 I have plots of sea ice for 10 days, 120 days and

 420 days respectively, attached below. They are the

 same as in Labsea Exp.

 Confusion is, if SEAICE_initialHEFF = 1.0,

 then why this is showing Sea Thickness as 0 m

 in plot of 10 days. Also the sea ice velocity

 can be seen upto 40S where no sea ice exists.

 Further from which place the model is

 picking up the Sea Ice Concentration since I have not

 given any sea ice data 'bin' file.

 Am I going in the right direction ? Please let me

 know if any fault is there.

 Thanking you,

 With regards,

 Amitabh Mitra