[MITgcm-support] ptracers help/manual

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Mon May 21 15:32:03 EDT 2007

Hello modelers,

Does anyone know if there is any documentation for the ptracers
package? All I can find in the manual is the offline tutorial and a few
comments in the package source, but that's not totally helpful. The
tutorial shows how to set up ptracers as an initial value problem, but
I want to use it as a boundary value problem. Specifically, I want to
fix the surface distribution of the tracers and see how the surface
values are transported through the model. Is this possible with the
ptracers package? If so, how does one do it?

Thanks,
Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe             		 858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu