[MITgcm-support] EmPmRfile, EmPmR

Patrick Rosendahl Patrick.Rosendahl at zmaw.de
Thu Mar 22 11:39:35 EDT 2007

Hi Martin,

thanks! I use the non-hydrostatic formulation. I think you are referring
to this
 >> http://mitgcm.org/pelican/code_reference/vdb/code/167.htm#192_L
section of the code, where the Temp & Salt is actually added in a way
that is correct for the rainy surface height increase. (Please scroll up
a few lines until you see the "#ifdef EXACT_CONSERV").

Do you think I can change the code to execute it anyway (it is not
executed because of
 >> nonlinFreeSurf.GT.0 .OR. usingPCoords
is false)?
Additionally, I probably have to change the eta-code, so that the rain
is increasing the surface level. But I cannot find a good place in the
code to do it.

best,
Patrick

>>> Tel: (617) 253-5458, Email: amolod at mit.edu